- 2+ years of audio production experience
- Experience with cutting and assembling dialogue
- Proficient at mastering dialogue underscored with music
- Strong ProTools proficiency
- Immediate start date
- 20-30 hours per week, with opportunities for growth
- Apply below.
About our wavelength.
FRQNCY Media is a podcast production and audio innovation company founded in 2018 by entrepreneur and podcaster Michelle Khouri. Since its founding, FRQNCY has produced podcasts for The Coca-Cola Company, Apple, Diane von Furstenberg, The Statue of Libery-Ellis Island Foundation, and many others. FRQNCY has the passion and the gall to help every kind of podcaster bring their vision to life – whether through full-service production, through its innovative production packages, or with its DIY resources, like an online course and free equipment guide.
Most importantly, we put culture first.
FRQNCY is a purpose-driven enterprise. We live by our six values every dang day (for real): alignment, intention, kindness, clarity, dedication, and diversity. Every new member of our team shares our same values with equal fervor.
Oh, and we also value having fun together. The truth is, we wake up every day wondering how it is we got lucky enough to spend our days surrounded by compelling stories, cradled in beautiful audio, and entrenched in opportunities to whip up innovative new shows for our clients. To put it technically – this is a kick ass life.
How you’ll support our vision (and we’ll support yours).
Our part-time editor is a dialogue-cutting, narrative-loving, spec-obsessed audiophile who’s aching for higher quality content in the podcast industry. You know how to strike the balance between achieving masterful levels and making dialogue shine. You are kind at your core, and an open communicator who has big ideas on how to make a simple interview sparkle. We’re looking for people who push back when something could be better, and who have a thirst for bringing to life something that’s never been done before.
You walk the tight rope between tried-and-true practices and innovative thinking. You approach your work with intention and communicate clearly about what you need, how your team can support you, and what you aim to achieve.
We focus on our people before all else. Which means that all part-time positions are built to open doors for future expansion within the company. You get that, and you feel it. You want to be a part of a company that is ready to change an entire industry. And if that makes your heart skip a beat like it does ours, then we should talk.
Who we’re looking for.
Our part-time editor will manage post-production for FRQNCY Media’s production package clients (mostly small business owners and thought leaders), and will provide supplemental support for our full-service clients (big brands).
You will report to our fabulous producer, and will have close contact with our CEO who acts as Executive Producer for some of our larger productions. You will be an integral part of our core team, and will flex your superpowers in the following ways.
- Act as client liaison with our post-production clients to ensure smooth delivery of final cuts and make edits, as needed
- Assemble and organize clips
- Support the producer with storyboarding narratives, as needed
- Cut and assemble dialogue, with a focus on editing for narrative
- Artfully mix in theme music
- Master all cuts to FRQNCY spec
Our ideal part-time editor has:
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in audio production, particularly editing dialogue
- Skills: Strong proficiency with Pro-Tools or similar
- Clarity: Strong communication skills, and some experience interfacing with clients
- Initiative: If you’re proactively thinking about the next cool project, thinking through potential pitfalls, and identifying ways to improve without being prompted, we want to meet you.
- Curiosité: If you just asked yourself which language that is or, better yet, researched it, then you’re our kind of curious cat. Our team is naturally wired to research, explore, unearth, and discover.
- Passion: Podcasts are what we do. They’re what we eat, breathe, and sleep. Having a passion for the core of our business is pretty important, ya dig?
We ask that you provide the following examples of your work:
- Dialogue you’ve cut, assembled, and mastered
- Audio mixing and mastering of all kinds, if available
- Samples of your sound design skills, if available