- Position: Podcast Associate Producer
- Experience: 1+ year of experience with project management and maintaining workflows for media productions, with experience in audio production strongly preferred
- Skills: A clear and organized approach to project management; A fine-tuned eye for detail; Proficiency with project management tools and systems (like Monday.com) a huge plus; Experience building and maintaining project timelines and workflows; Expert proficiency with Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets; Experience with media feedback tools like BounceBoss or Frame.io is a plus
- Pay: $25 per hour
- Weekly Hours: 15 to start
- Location: Remote, preference given to folks based on the East Coast of the U.S.
- Team Lead: Michelle Khouri
- Direct Managers: Enna Garkusha, Heidi Roodvoets
- Collaborators: Matthew Ernest Filler, Sidney Evans
About Our Wavelength
We’re FRQNCY Media, the audio production company for Jane Goodall’s “Hopecast,” Diane von Furstenburg’s “InCharge With DVF,” Coca-Cola’s “Total Refresh,” the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities’ “Hidden Voices,” and many others.
FRQNCY is a one-in-a-million blend of innovation, passion, and joy. We offer tailored audio production support including integrated services that take (super-skilled) care of content strategy, market research, production, editing, and marketing.
Meet Our CEO & Founder
Michelle Khouri is a podcast executive producer and audio entrepreneur. Michelle founded and singlehandedly bootstrapped FRQNCY Media in 2018 with the vision of making the audio industry inclusive and accessible to all voices who want to bring good into this world. She is a first generation Colombian American who comes from a long line of entrepreneurs, musicians, and activists. Get to know her.
Culture and Purpose Come First
FRQNCY is a purpose-driven company. We value alignment, intention, diversity, kindness, determination, and clarity. Every new member of our team shares our same values with equal fervor. We unabashedly work every day to dismantle toxic patriarchal systems, including Capitalism and white supremacy. You’ll experience that in our day-to-day conversations as we bring to the surface ego-driven, racist, or misogynistic programming that must be called out in order to be healed.
We focus on our people before all else. Which means that all part-time positions are built to open doors for future expansion within the company. If you want to be a part of a company that is changing what it means to work, we should talk.
Oh, and we value joy. We wake up every day wondering how it is we got lucky enough to spend our days surrounded by compelling stories, cradled in beautiful sounds, and entrenched in opportunities to whip up innovative new pieces of audio for our clients.
The Right Fit
Our ideal part-time associate producer is a timeline-driven, workflow-building, narrative-loving audiophile who’s aching for more inclusive, diverse, and higher quality content in the podcast industry. You know how to strike the balance between keeping a production meticulously organized and communicating clearly and compassionately with coworkers and clients.
You are kind at your core, approach your work with diligence and intention, and relish the idea of being the Marie Kondo of production for both our internal production team and our clients. You are an active listener, a supportive presence, and a quick study.
You will help build and maintain production workflows, timelines, and momentum for FRQNCY’s producers. You’ll work on clients, who range from multinational brands to global icons to high-growth startups to small local businesses, giving every client the same level of care and service.
You will flex your superpowers in the following ways:
- Book guests and schedule recording sessions for our client podcasts
- Set up and maintain production workflows, project timelines, and project boards
- Support guest equipment and tech setup remotely before recording sessions and ensure all guest files are received in a timely manner
- Book studios and schedule tape syncs
- Develop run of shows for producer review
- Set up new client project folders and maintain structure and naming conventions
- Attend client calls, track next steps, and send meeting recaps
- Manage final file delivery across internal and external systems
- Draft agendas for client meetings
- Attend weekly production and whole-team meetings
- Write episode intro scripts, and episode meta data (titles and descriptions)
- Upload and schedule episode releases
Our ideal part-time associate producer has:
- Experience: 1+ year of experience with project management and maintaining workflows for media productions, with experience in audio production strongly preferred.
- A clear and meticulous approach to project management, note taking, project recaps, and next step tracking
- A Scorpio-like eye for detail and Virgo-level organizational skills
- Proficiency with project management tools and systems (like Monday.com) a huge plus
- Experience building and maintaining project timelines and workflows
- Expert proficiency with Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience with media feedback tools like BounceBoss or Frame.io a plus
- Clarity: Strong communication skills and a dedication to meeting deadlines
- Initiative: If you’re proactively thinking about the next cool project, thinking through potential pitfalls, and identifying ways to improve without being prompted, we want to meet you.
- Curiosity: You are naturally wired to research, explore, unearth, and discover.
- Passion: Podcasts are what we do. They’re what we eat, breathe, and sleep. Having a passion for the core of our business is pretty, pretty, pretty…important.
We ask that you provide the following examples of your work:
- A project timeline or project brief you’ve created or maintained
- Bonus: Podcasts you’ve worked on as an AP or similar
Paige McCauley is FRQNCY Media’s digital marketing maven and resident musical wunderkind. Paige has a long history with the power of sound as an award-winning recording artist and songwriter, performing at venues like The Fox Theatre, House of Blues in West Hollywood, and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. She also has extensive experience in the music industry, interning for the Recording Academy and working with artists like Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, and Brandi Carlile during her time in college.