- Position: Podcast Writer
- Experience: 2+ years of experience writing for media publications or a brand blog, with experience writing scripts for audio strongly preferred
- Skills: Writing snappy articles or blog posts; Research and data analysis; Content editing for others; Content ideation and brainstorming; Script writing (for audio is a plus); Experience with transcription is a plus; Proficiency with Google Drive and Monday.com is a plus; Experience designing in Canva is a plus
- Pay: $25 per hour
- Weekly Hours: 15-20 to start
- Location: Eastern time zone of North America or international equivalent
- Team Lead: Jessica Olivier
- Collaborators: Becca Godwin, Jil Pasiecnik
About Our Wavelength
We’re FRQNCY Media, the audio production company for Jane Goodall’s “Hopecast,” Diane von Furstenburg’s “InCharge With DVF,” Coca-Cola’s “Total Refresh,” the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities’ “Hidden Voices,” and many others.
FRQNCY is a one-in-a-million blend of innovation, passion, and joy. We offer tailored audio production support including integrated services that take (super-skilled) care of content strategy, market research, production, editing, and marketing.
Meet Our CEO & Founder
Michelle Khouri is a podcast executive producer and audio entrepreneur. Michelle founded and singlehandedly bootstrapped FRQNCY Media in 2018 with the vision of making the audio industry inclusive and accessible to all voices who want to bring good into this world. She is a first generation Colombian American who comes from a long line of entrepreneurs, musicians, and activists. Get to know her.
Culture and Purpose Come First
FRQNCY is a purpose-driven company. We value alignment, intention, diversity, kindness, determination, and clarity. Every new member of our team shares our same values with equal fervor. We unabashedly work every day to dismantle toxic patriarchal systems, including Capitalism and white supremacy. You’ll experience that in our day-to-day conversations as we bring to the surface ego-driven, racist, or misogynistic programming that must be called out in order to be healed.
We focus on our people before all else. Which means that all part-time positions are built to open doors for future expansion within the company. If you want to be a part of a company that is changing what it means to work, we should talk.
Oh, and we value joy. We wake up every day wondering how it is we got lucky enough to spend our days surrounded by compelling stories, cradled in beautiful sounds, and entrenched in opportunities to whip up innovative new pieces of audio for our clients.
The Right Fit
Our ideal part-time podcast writer is a grammar-obsessed, eagle-eyed editor and natural storyteller with a love for audio. You have a red-pen mentality that’s always looking for the cleanest and most concise way to tell a story. You’ve written scripts for audio, and are aching for more inclusive, diverse, and higher quality content in the podcast industry. You know how to strike the balance between telling a compelling story and keeping sentence structure tight.
You are kind at your core, approach your work with diligence and intention, and have big ideas on how words can influence perception, emotion, and action. You are a clear communicator, especially when it comes to speaking up for what you need, how your team can support you, and what you aim to achieve.
You will support our Strategy Team with their deep dives into the podcasting landscape, help to write and edit our client-facing reports, and will write audio scripts for our diverse slate of narrative podcasts. You have plenty of opportunities to tell a wide variety of compelling stories for FRQNCY clients, who range from multinational brands to global icons to high-growth startups to small local businesses, and that excites the living heck out of you.
You will flex your superpowers in the following ways:
- Translate creative concepts into digestible copy for clients. A blank Google Doc does not intimidate you, it empowers you.
- Write blog posts that capture our brand voice and range from think pieces to industry analyses to resource guides to entertaining content.
- Edit transcripts for accuracy to enhance accessibility for our client productions
- Provide critical and comprehensive research and analysis support during the podcast development phase. You take pleasure in the wonderful wormhole of data.
- Bring a strong perspective and clear ideas during team brainstorming sessions that align with client goals and budgets.
- Pivot flexibly between independent work and collaborative team efforts.
- Consider all points of views, perspectives, and backgrounds when creating concepts for clients to ensure diverse experiences are considered, included, and/or represented in FRQNCY-ideated audio projects.
- Meet deadlines, be punctual, and be ready to dive in if your team member needs support. We all look out for each other, and meet our deadlines as a sign of respect for one another, since our work is so interconnected.
- Attend and help present during client kick-off and final presentation meetings.
Our ideal podcast writer has:
- Experience: 2+ years of experience writing for media publications or for a brand blog, with experience writing scripts for audio strongly preferred
- Writing snappy articles or blog posts
- Research and data analysis
- Content editing for others
- Content ideation and brainstorming
- Script writing (for audio is a plus)
- Experience with transcription is a plus
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Monday.com is a plus
- Experience designing in Canva is a plus
- Clarity: Strong communication skills and a dedication to meeting deadlines
- Initiative: If you’re proactively thinking about the next cool project, thinking through potential pitfalls, and identifying ways to improve without being prompted, we want to meet you.
- Curiosity: You are naturally wired to research, explore, unearth, and discover.
- Passion: Podcasts are what we do. They’re what we eat, breathe, and sleep. Having a passion for the core of our business is pretty, pretty, pretty…important.
We ask that you provide the following examples of your work:
- Required: Articles or blog posts you’ve written without outside editing (think first drafts)
- Strategic plan, research report, or analysis of some kind
- Narrative scripts written for audio productions (or video)
FRQNCY Media is the audio production company for Jane Goodall, Diane von Furstenburg, Coca-Cola, and small businesses alike. FRQNCY is a one-in-a-million blend of innovation, passion, and joy. We offer tailored audio production support including integrated services that take (super-skilled) care of content strategy, market research, production, editing, and marketing.